Slab Foundation Repair in Knoxville TN
A slab foundation is one of the most common and most popular type of foundation used for homes. It is easy to build and requires very little maintenance. It is also inexpensive and has a longer lifespan than most.
But, as with all types of foundations, the slab foundation isn’t immune to cracks and damage. The ground underneath your home can sometimes shift and settle which can cause small fissures to occur. If you notice cracks such as these, it may be time for repairs.
Signs That Your House Needs Slab Foundation Repair Services
Since the foundation is a part of your house that is not visible, it may be difficult to be sure if repairs are needed. Factors such as weather and tree roots can cause damage to your foundation. This can be a cause for concern, so watch out for any signs that you may need to call a slab foundation repair company:
- Wall Cracks – check both the inside and outside of your house. If you see cracks in the drywall of your home, particularly around windows and doors, you need to have your foundation evaluated as these are sure signs that your foundation could have a problem.
- Misalignment of Doors and Windows – If your doors and windows do not close properly, chances are that you need to have your foundation repaired. When your windows do not close all the way or if your doors do not latch properly, your foundation may have already shifted.
- Popping of Nail Heads – if you see a nail or two popping out from your wall, this is a telltale sign that your house has tilted to one side because of shifting ground. Nails coming loose from the walls will usually mean that the ground underneath your home has moved and settled.
- Water Movement – when the soil around your home gets saturated with water, it causes the foundation to shift and crack. Check how water drains from your house during rains or storms. When water runs towards your house instead of away, your foundation is in need of attention.
When you see these signs in and around your home, or if you’re still unsure, call us immediately. Issues with your foundation need to be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Guardian Foundation Repair can evaluate and help solve your foundation problems using our proven foundation repair techniques.
Our Slab Foundation Repair Service
Guardian Foundation Repair offers a variety of slab foundation repair services such as the following:
- Concrete Piers – we use concrete piers as these provide better support than steel piers which tend to rust or bend.
- Mudjacking – to fix settlement issues with your foundation, we use mudjacking to bring the interior floors of your home back to their original position.
- Brick Repair – we fix any damaged bricks to give your home stability and endurance using techniques such as pressure grouting.
For All Your Slab Foundation Repair Service Needs
Homeowners should be aware of the condition of their foundation in order to address any concerns before they become a much bigger problem. Guardian Foundation Repair offers slab foundation repair in Knoxville, TN and the surrounding areas. Call us today at 865-675-4177 to schedule an evaluation.